By now, you’ve likely heard of a marketing funnel. But there are a myriad of definitions and models out there – and it can get confusing.
At Grove9 we keep it simple.
We believe an effective marketing funnel should do four fundamental things: Raise awareness and educate; Capture leads and grow your email list; Convert leads to customers; And create brand loyalty.
So, how do you set up a marketing funnel, and more importantly, how can you be sure it will work?
1. Give away your best stuff. It has to add value to be attractive.
- Some people will take it and run with it, but many will decide to hire you to do it for them.
- Consider tip sheets, customizable reports, printables, how-to guides, etc.
2. Get your offer in front of the right people… everywhere you can.
- Posts, ads, banners, popups, podcasts, email, speaking engagements, etc.
3. Build a landing page that’s simple, focused, and seals the deal.
- Present the problem and the solution.
- Quickly highlight the key benefits.
- Answer any questions they may have.
- Include testimonials of satisfied customers.
- Include several call-to-action buttons.
- Make the form easy to complete.
4. Build an email nurture sequence that gives even more and continues to add value.
- Make your emails so interesting and helpful that people want to keep opening them, or at least let you continue coming to their inbox.
- Utilize headlines that grab attention, meet a need, and/or create urgency.
- Use “bro speak” writing. This style uses short, one-sentence paragraphs with easy-to-understand language and connects well in today’s fast-paced, overstimulated environment.
- Include links to your offer, program, or next step toward the bottom of your email and/or in the P.S. or P.P.S.
- Once the email nurture sequence is finished, be sure to continue building the relationship with regular, helpful emails and occasional offers.
5. Invite subscribers to become a part of your online social community
- This gives you another touchpoint for connection and a deeper relationship.
- It gives them an opportunity to become part of a like-minded community and builds a stronger bond with your brand.
- In today’s ever-changing world of media channels and privacy legislation, it’s more important than ever to have a loyal, retained email audience. Growing this audience is one of the most important factors to your brand’s ongoing success.
If you want to grow your audience and your bottom line, it’s time to get serious about your marketing funnel. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get started.